I Will Always Write Back by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda with Liz Welch

So I read the Book I Will Always Write Back and it truly was inspiring. It's about two friends that started off as pen pals in 1997 and are still friends today. The book really was a rollercoaster of emotions. The way that they live is so drastically different. Martin lives in a shelter with seven other people, shares a blanket with two others, and has no running water. Meanwhile, Caitlin lives in Pennsylvania with running water, electricity, and more than one pair of pants. This book truly humbled me and made me thankful for everything I have because poverty in third world countries is real and threatening their lives every day. The way Martin and Caitlin's relationship is so strong, I find so beautiful. It really is all the little things that matter and this book showed it marvelously. Even through all the pain and sad and scary parts the book had, It made me laugh, cry, and be thankful all at once. This book is not one I will forget. I would rate this book a ten out of ten.

Comments

Most Popular!

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

Greetings!

Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins